Today, Hubs and I have been married for 17 years.
We were sealed in the Chicago Temple of the
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
on Saturday, July 24, 1993.
We aren’t the same couple now.
Lifes experiences have changed us.
Our love has changed too.
I used to melt like butter when
he walked in the room, now
I enjoy the peace and comfort
his presence brings.
He’s the father of my children
and the love of my life.
17 years isn’t enough.
How about eternity?
Here’s 17 things I love about him.
17. His hazel eyes
16. How he makes me laugh,
even when I want to be mad.
15. He never plans anything small.
It’s always over the top.
14. He still dreams, and plans, and
works towards goals.
13. He is my biggest fan.
12. He is up to date on world events
(Code for politics).
11. He is a much better cook than me.
10. He will eat anything I put in front of him.
9. He’s always doing things just to make me happy.
8. His laugh.
7. He’s a jokester.
6. He’s always serving others.
5. He can’t sing. Or carry a tune. Neither can I.
We laugh at each other a lot during church
because of this.
4. He plays with the kids.
3. How he can calm and comfort my fears
by just saying “Everything will be OK.”
2. His faith.
1. He chose me to be his wife.