Sunday, September 11, 2011

9-11 Remembered.




Today, and every day I am proud to be an American.

The kids and I spent the afternoon watching the stories of those
whose loved ones were lost on this tragec day 10 years ago.
  I remember some of the pictures and vidoes of that
day and they seemed just as real today as they were back then.

My kids were so young when it happened.
One wasn't even born yet.
They listened intently to my account of that morning.

I  learned of the attacks from my sister in law.
I had just finished a night shift at the hospital and as was going to bed.
She had been watching the morning news.

Both towers had already been hit. 
There were talks of it being an act of war.
But surely, I thought, it was some sort of accident.
Who would purposely do something so terrible as that?

Now, I can hardly believe the innocence of that thought.

How much our lives have changed since that day.


May this country never again know the sorrow of 9-11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...