Thursday, March 3, 2011

What Not To Wear.




They say a picture is worth a thousand words.
This picture is no different.   I'm guessing we're about 3.
I remember it for two reasons
1.  I did not like the outfit.
2.  I didn't like the man taking the picture because
he was trying to make me smile.


I remember Mom dressing us in front
 of the sandstone fireplace
 all the while trying to convince me to
   wear the outfit because it was cute.
 I wasn't buying it.
     And there was absolutely no way I was gonna smile dressed like that.
To make matters worse, Mandy could have cared less. 
                                                               
 The scandal of it all.

    Occasionally, I have had clothing wars with my children.
    For the most part now, I've learned that if I like a piece
   of clothing, they will hate it.
And some day, I'm sure I'll hear about
the outfit that I made them wear.
I can hardly wait.

Here's to priceless Olan Mills pictures!


        Oh, and just so you know this sweet little face is the 
                                same sweet face involved in the sugar bowl scandal of 1979. 
                               




 

1 comment:

  1. Priceless! My preschool pic was the same way. My mom had spent hours sewing a blouse and jumper for me to wear. I hated it! But, even at that age, I understood the value of my mother's time, and I truly felt guilty for not wanting to wear what she made.

    Funny how we have opinions from such an early age.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...